What is IETM 2023 IYE+20
The International Ecotourism Travel Mart (IETM 2023 IYE+20) is the first green travel mart and selling fair in the world presented by the Asian Ecotourism Network (AEN), a regional initiative of the Global Ecotourism Network (GEN). AEN is committed to connecting its stakeholders for knowledge transfer, consulting, marketing, and business development to achieve sustainability.
The IETM is an annual event especially designed to bring together delegates and exhibitors to showcase products and services that have a strong ecotourism component, green technology, and sustainable green practices.
The spotlight of the event is on ecotourism - an important concept for a region rich in diverse natural and cultural resources.
At the core of ecotourism is our sustainability goals:
- experience nature and culture in all its diversity;
- ensure the protection and preservation of environment and culture;
- generate awareness, appreciation, and care for the destinations;
- create income for the local communities.
We bring you the first unique three-day event at Cavite, Philippines, one of the leading ecotourism destinations in the world in partnership with the International School of Sustainable Tourism (ISST), Philippines.
UNWTO’s Tourism and the Sustainable Development Goals – Journey to 2030 aims to build knowledge, and empower and inspire tourism stakeholders to take necessary action to accelerate the shift towards a more sustainable tourism sector by aligning policies, business operations and investments with the SDGs.
Share best practices on ecotourism from international experts in the field;
Provide an opportunity to network with ecotourism’s foremost advocates and leaders;
Create networks and partnerships for ecotourism stakeholders on a global and regional level;
Promote country’s potential ecotourism sites, indigenous practices and culture;
Create dynamism and excitement about ecotourism through ecofilm, demonstrations and artistic performances;
Promote the adoption of measures to mitigate and adapt to the challenges of climate change including climate-related risk management;
Promote long term political will for authentic ecotourism programs to help achieve sustainable development goals.
Who Attends IETM
- Ecotourism associations & networks
- Ecotourism guides & interpreters
- Ecotourism specialists & operators
- Eco-mobility & transportation companies
- Environmental management specialists
- Park management & conservation groups
- Green MICE Companies
- Green technology practitioners, consultants, & suppliers
- Responsible travelers
- Ecotour operators
- Ecolodges, resorts, hotels, & green camps
- Homestays & nature-based accommodations
- Destination management companies
- Small & medium sized community enterprises
- Community groups
- Local arts & crafts producers/suppliers
- Agricultural products exhibitors
- Farm tourism practitioners
- Wellness and spirituality practitioners
- Marine and terrestrial ecotourism practitioners
- Government & business leaders
- Civil society organizations (CSOs)
- International organizations
- National tourism offices/organizations
- Urban & regional planners
- Incentive & convention planners
- Scientists, researchers, students, & academia
- Certification bodies
- Direct buyers, sellers, & investors
- Landscape architects and artists
- Transport groups
- Travel agencies and tour operators
- Donor organizations & sponsors